Author: Lorian Mr
•1/23/2008 07:22:00 PM
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Face-to-face communication is better than other types of communication, such as letters, email, or telephone calls. Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

Humankind, through the ages, has undergone many changes from the time when people communicated only face-to-face to nowadays when a person has in use many types of communication means. Some people still prefer to use face-to-face communication despite many other sometimes more convenient ones such as phone, mail, e-mail and fax. I think to continue this essay it is essential to clarify what kind of conversation we are talking about.

For example, if people are negotiating it is very important to have a face-to-face communication. It is very important to see during a negotiation how one's opponent is moving, is he nervous or relaxed, what he is doing, etc. Scientists say that the body language and facial gestures can say many thing about a person, his strong and weak sides, his traits, manners and even habits. To know what kind of man one is dealing with is very essential aspect in negotiation. Many managers prefer to have with the future employees face-to-face conversation. So, in this case they see how a person behaves.

From the other side, if I need to notify my bank that I am going to close an account I do not want to spend my time driving there, waiting for my turn and talking with a representative. It is easier for me just to call or e-mail them. It saves my time and my bank's too.

To summarize, from my opinion all important issues better be discussed in face-to-face conversation. It will eliminate many farther misunderstandings and bring only benefits to both sides.

This entry was posted on 1/23/2008 07:22:00 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: