Author: Lorian Mr
•1/23/2008 08:46:00 PM
Every generation of people is different in important ways. How is your generation different from your parents’ generation? Use specific reasons and examples to explain your answer.


Man, through the ages, has undergone many changes from the time he depicted a herd of mammoths on the walls of his cave to these days when he can use personal computers to create a new pattern for his carpet, send e-mail to his friend and even make him a cup of coffee without leaving his chair. There is no doubt that every generation is different in many ways from the old ones. In the following paragraphs I will list some differences, which I believe exist between my generation and my parents' generation.

First of all, I think that my generation is more familiar with the modern technology then my parents' generation. For example, my mother learnt from me about the Internet. I was the first person who explained my parents what the Internet is and how to use it.

Second of all, people of my generation have different interests and different opinions about many things. For example, my parents and I have different views about decision made by the government. My mother thinks that more money should be spend on books and libraries for the children, and I think that more money should be spend on computer technologies.

Finally, I think that people of my generation tend to forget many traditions and customs of the country they were born in. We often forget about the meaning of the holidays our parents celebrate. I cannot say that it is wrong I just think it is normal when recent historical events are celebrated with more enthusiasm. However, I believe that all people should remember their history and pass it down to the next generation because this knowledge is irreplaceable and priceless for every person.

To sum up, there is no doubt that next generation is always better prepared for the future than the old one, and this means that our children will also be more experienced than we do now. And I think it is for the best.

This entry was posted on 1/23/2008 08:46:00 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On October 12, 2008 at 12:50 AM , Anonymous said...

great essay