Author: Lorian Mr
•1/23/2008 08:47:00 PM
A university plans to develop a new research center in your country. Some people want a center for business research. Other people want a center for research in agriculture (farming). Which of these two kinds of research centers do you recommend for your country? Use specific reasons in your recommendation.


In my country, Russia, I think that the question about whether to establish a new research center in business or in agriculture is a controversial one.

First of all, because I think that both these centers must work together and cooperate. For example, a business research center can collect information about what kind of cereal people prefer more and how much of it they consume every year. Then this information can be used by an agriculture research center, which in its turn will provide the company engaged in farming with essential information.

Second of all, it is rather difficult to decide which research center will bring more benefits to my country. From the one side, business research center can make very interesting and essential research for the economy of the country. It can gather information about the small business in the country, about consumer's preferences and what can be done to decrease the state debt. When I was in my third year in the university we (I and my classmates) make research regarding how many people use urban transportation every day and how much they spend on it monthly. I was really an amazing experience. We calculated numbers, learnt how to make conclusions and suggestions. From the other side, an agriculture research center can be very helpful in studying the conditions, under which the harvest of wheat or potato can be better or the quality of vegetables can be improved. The increased harvest of wheat will bring more money to the companies engaged in farming.

With regard to mention above, I think that if I would have to choose what research center will be more useful for my country it would be an agriculture research center. Because, nowadays I tend to think that good harvest is more important for people of my country than knowing how advertising influence the people's behavior.

This entry was posted on 1/23/2008 08:47:00 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: