Author: Lorian Mr
•1/24/2008 11:27:00 AM
Your city has decided to build a statue or monument to honor a famous person in your country. Who would you choose? Use reasons and specific examples to support your choice.


I am from Ekaterinburg, Russia. Recently, my city has decided to build a statue to honor a famous doctor Michail Belui. I totally support this idea. In the following paragraphs I will give my reasons to support my answer.

First of all, Michail Belui was a great surgeon. He saved many people during his life. During the Wourld War II he was one of the most famous surgeons. After 25 years from his death many people still bring a lot of flowers to the place where he was buried. I think he was a great man who liked his job and sacrificed everything to it. Michail Belui had many sleepless nights because the stream of wounded soldiers was endless. He did not care about himself, he cared about people and always was ready to help. Also, he was a great father. He had two sons who inherited his talent for surgery and became great doctors.

Second of all, Michail Belui was a very kind and attentive person. My grandma remembers him as a strong, tall and charming man who had a very good sense of humor.

I am sure that our modern generation has many things to learn from this man. Moreover, I believe that our country needs to remember such great people and be proud of them.

To sup up, I think that humankind must know its history and pass down all its knowledge and experience to the next generations. A statue or monument is a a simple and good way to remember and value our history and people who played an essential role in it.

This entry was posted on 1/24/2008 11:27:00 AM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On April 14, 2011 at 11:49 AM , Best Indian Holiday Tour Packages said...

that is good and great.