Author: Lorian Mr
•10/15/2008 12:01:00 AM
Now is the time for another song: Green Fields by The Brothers Four, an American folk group includes 4 members: Mark Pearson, Mike McCoy, Bob Flick, Karl Olsen (see the photos from left to right).

The Brothers Four: Perhaps best known for their hits in the 1960s "Greenfields" and "Yellow Bird," the group has recorded several albums of original and traditional folk songs.



Here's the lyric:

Greenfields
Brothers Four
Music & Lyrics : Terry Gilkyson - Rich Dehr - Frank Miller

Once there were green fields, kissed by the sun.
Once there were valleys, where rivers used to run.
Once there were blue skies, with white clouds high above.
Once they were part of an everlasting love.

We were the lovers who strolled through green fields.

Green fields are gone now, parched by the sun.
Gone from the valleys, where rivers used to run.
Gone with the cold wind, that swept into my heart.
Gone with the lovers, who let their dreams depart.
Where are the green fields, that we used to roam ?

I'll never know what made you run away.
How can I keep searching when dark clouds hide the day.
I only know there's, nothing here for me.
Nothing in this wide world, left for me to see.

Still I'll keep on waiting, until you return.
I'll keep on waiting, until the day you learn.
You can't be happy, while your heart's on the roam,
You can't be happy until you bring it home.
Home to the green fields, and me once again.

Enjoy listenning the song:


This entry was posted on 10/15/2008 12:01:00 AM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

5 comments:

On October 16, 2008 at 3:06 AM , Tikno said...

I like this song very much. Long time ago I have their album but now disappear. And now I can hear it again. I feels lucky to find this post.
Thank you!

 
On October 16, 2008 at 12:07 PM , Anonymous said...

i'm so glad that you love this song and this post.

 
On October 16, 2008 at 8:14 PM , Anonymous said...

hmmm I dont think I remember them but I am sure they are goodBeyond The Rave Reality, Computer and Electronics, Money Online Thoughts, Seek Health. Feel Great

 
On September 12, 2011 at 6:09 PM , Web Developer India said...

nice one.

 
On October 6, 2011 at 2:46 PM , free online movies said...

four brother rocks.